Monday, October 11, 2010

The Job Haunt

I must say that finding a job now is not the easiest, especially in today's job market. It seems online job applications are no good, and a waste of time. Applying for various jobs, most not related to your degree, but in desperation I have been applying for everything from insurance to electric energy sales. All of which are irrelevant jobs that I really don't want. For the most part, a lot of the job offers I have received, have been jobs that I don't even need a degree in. My thought are: Why did I even go to school then and spent all that money, if I am going to be working as a door to door sales men...It honestly frustrates me.

They say the best way to find employment is through networking, plus statistics show the same results, that networking is the best route on finding your next job. In my desperation, I have even signed up for a LinedIn account which I don't even understand the fruits of, and how to find someone within the company and network through them? Still confusing I must say, but I am going to keep on trying and try to figure this networking strategy out and test it. I should probably start attending more business career fairs and networking groups through word of mouth. We will see where this will take my employment status. Hopefully working at a good company that I will be happy and proud to work for.

The life of the unemployed, I must say it is boring and depressing. This is why one should always work and not complain when he or she has a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment